Cataract surgery has evolved greatly in terms of admission procedure to hospital stays. If a person has cataract, it is like looking through a foggy or dusty window. Everything looks blurry, and hazy in such conditions. The major question comes is how can one remove cataract? You need to contact an eye specialist near me, to remove cataract by surgical method.
What is the procedure of cataract surgery?
Your eye doctor will measure your eye in order to determine the proper focusing power of IOL. Your eye specialist will ask about any medications you are already consuming and some medicines might not be allowed before your surgery. Some eye-drops might be prescribed according to the condition of your eyes. These medicines help in the prevention of any further infection or swelling.
On the day of surgery
Your eye specialist may recommend having routine meals before the surgery. You can get your surgery done from OrthoVision Clinic the best eye clinic in Noida.
The procedure is conducted as follows:
- The eye will be numbed by putting topical anaesthetic drops into the eye.
- At the time of surgery, you will be awake and will be asked to look at the light for 10 minutes
- Your eye doctor will see through a special microscope and create tiny incisions near the cornea edge. These incisions are done to reach the lens in your eye. The doctor will use very small instrument and break the cataract and finally remove it. Then a new lens is inserted in the place.
- Usually, your eye specialist will not stitch the incision. However, these self-sealing incisions will close themselves within 48hours.
- You are required to rest in the recovery area for 15-30 minutes. Then you can go home.
How long does it take to recover?
- Your eye doctor might give you regular eye drops to be used after surgery.
- Avoid any soap or water contact directly in the eye for one week
- Do not rub your eye.
- Wear a protective eye glasses
What are the risks of surgery?
There is 0.1%risk of complication due to cataract surgery:
- Swelling in the eye
- Detached retina
- Damage to various parts of the eye
- Blurry vision
- Seeing halos, glare, or dark shadows.
- Infection in the eye
Where can we get cataract surgery done from?
If you are looking for the best eye specialist doctor for cataract surgery, do consult Dr Sridevi Haldar at OrthoVision Clinic, Noida for best available options in regards to Intraocular lens implants to suit individual’s need.
Before & After Gallery
Molten metal burn
After Cornea Transplant
Dr. Sridevi Haldar
Cataract,Cornea & Refractive Eye Surgeon
Dr. Sridevi Haldar (Gunda) is an eminent eye surgeon providing expert services to leading city hospitals across Delhi NCR. She has been associated with Dr. Shroff Eye Hospital, Delhi; Venu Eye Institute, Saket and Sharpsight Centre in the past.
Qualification: After graduating in year 2005, she pursued her interest of specializing in the field of Ophthalmology and completed her post-graduation from world renowned, prestigious instate;”